MATHS CPD IN-SCHOOL for primary & secondary
Be an Inspiring MATHS Teacher!
How to Get Your Pupils Thinking!
Practical & Creative Maths Teaching to Engage ALL Your Pupils!
Genuine feedback: “INSPIRING!”; “An Excellent day...”; “Super ideas…”; “Amazingly useful CPD…”
- Do you want to engage, inspire and even excite your pupils about maths?
- Do you have ‘reluctant’ pupils you need to engage about maths?
- Do you want dozens of tried-and-tested, ‘high-impact’, simple maths activities you can easily use in your regular maths lessons, all designed to engage your pupils and get them thinking creatively and mathematically?
If you answered “YES!” to any of these questions, then this CPD day is for you!
What’s the day about?
This lively, inspiring and highly-practical maths CPD day will equip you and your teachers with dozens of easy to do, novel (and even fun!) maths activities, demonstrations and investigations for immediate use back in the classroom.
Practically all the activities have been adapted and used with Primary & Secondary pupils (5 – 14 year-olds) of ALL abilities, including Special Needs and ‘More Able’/’G&T’ pupils. They have proven especially effective with those pupils normally difficult to inspire or even engage about maths. Many of the activities have been used with Foundation pupils too!
The activities can be used to teach and illustrate a wide range of maths curriculum topics and techniques. They are particularly designed to stimulate and develop the ‘higher order’ mathematical creative thinking, enquiry and process skills in your pupils – including problem solving, communication and reasoning – through activities associated with Number, Shape, Space, Measurement, Position and Data Handling.
‘Dr Mark’ will show you how to ‘ability adapt’ the activities, and how they can be used equally well for: lesson-length investigations; concept illustration and discussion; quick and engaging ‘lesson starter activities’ (or ‘lesson enders’); topic revision; homework investigations; curriculum enrichment; and for ‘maths clubs’ and other extended school hours activities.
What resources do I get to take away?
Included with the course is a FREE complete set of Dr Mark’s popular ‘MAGICAL MATHS’ 1 & 2 books and site-licensed CDROMs, together worth £79 RRP!
- Full-day (approx. 5 hours contact) @£545*
- Half-day or twilight (approx. 2 – 3 hours) @£395*
- A 1 or 2 hour twilight as part of a ‘CPD-Show Combo’ day or an ‘Extended Pupils & Staff CPD Day’ @£545 - £645*
*Add VAT plus travel and any necessary overnight B&B
Click Options, Terms & Fees for further details.
Click here to download the Maths CPD In-School PDF
“(Teachers’) Evaluations were extremely positive, and teachers very much appreciated the enthusiastic approach to mathematical problems solving. Many commented that they found the day inspirational, and that the ideas would have a real impact on their teaching.”
- Clare Harris, Schools Advisory Service, Kent County Council